As pollution increases, the respiratory system begins to get disturbed. In addition to sudden changes in temperature, dryness in the weather, small particles of pollution enter our body and accumulate from the respiratory tract to the lungs. It causes cold, cold, cough etc. problems. Going forward, they can also turn into problems like bronchitis, asthma, COPD. Along with Ayurveda, home remedies are also very effective to avoid these.
When the body starts to react to pollution in the form of cold- cold, then after drinking 2 glasses of hot water, cover the mouth and cover it with a thick cloth and let it sweat for 20 minutes. Mucus will drain easily. You can do this 2 times, but do it at night to reduce the impact of pollution throughout the day.
• Boil turmeric in water and gargle with it. You can also drink turmeric water.
• Gargle salt or drink it mixed with water.
• Massage with a little rock salt in desi ghee on the waist and chest. You can also massage with sandhwadi oil. This will release mucus deposited inside. Massage should be done 3-4 times a day.
• In Ayurveda, medicines like talishadi churna, sitopaladi churna, asbestos bhasma, Chandramrita rasa, Lakshmivilas rasa, vasaavaleh, kanakasava, sanskutha rasa, etc. are given for colds, colds, infections etc. Breathing juice is very effective in asthma, but do not take any medicine without doctor’s advice.
• Saunth, black pepper, small applique can be mixed together or taken separately. Boil 2-3 pieces of black pepper, 5-7 apples, half inch dry gourd in water or drink it. These are known as Trikatu in Ayurveda. These go deep into the body and remove the particles of pollution.
• Eat a little jaggery (about 5 grams) daily. This clears the lungs and also clears the arteries. You can also take jaggery in tea. You can take jaggery with warm milk even before sleeping at night. You can eat jaggery or make sesame seeds in it.
• Taking ground black pepper with honey removes phlegm stored in the chest.
• To keep the nose clean, put one drop of pure ghee in the nose in the morning and evening. Due to this, harmful substances do not reach the lungs.
• Eat citrus fruits, but keep them warm in the winter by keeping them in the sun or in the microwave for a while. If eaten lightly, there will be no harm.
Increase immunity in this way: Boil basil (9-10 leaves), ginger (half inch), cloves (2), black pepper (2) in a glass of water. Boil until halved. Drink lukewarm. You can also take these things by boiling them in tea or milk. If taking tea, add a pinch of salt as well. This will give relief to the throat.
• Boil one teaspoon of turmeric in one cup of milk daily. Drink lukewarm Turmeric can also be taken with lukewarm water.
• Do take dates. It acts as a tonic along with enhancing immunity. Elder people boil 5-10 dates in milk. Then eat dates and drink milk on top. Up to 1-3 dates can be given to children. For 1 year, young children should be fed with boiled milk after adding dates.